Texas Chiropractic Association www.chirotexas.org/key-facts-about-chiropractic
- Chiropractic outperformed all other back-pain treatments, including prescription medication, deep-tissue massage, yoga, Pilates, and over-the-counter medication therapies.
- Chiropractic physicians or Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) were the highest-rated professional practitioner for low-back pain treatments above physical therapists (PTs), specialist physician/MD (i.e., neurosurgeons, neurologists, orthopedic surgeons), and primary care physician/MD (i.e., family or internal medicine).
- Doctors of Chiropractic (DCs) are utilized by all 32 National Football League teams in optimizing the functionality, endurance and overall conditioning of professional football players in the treatment of neuromusculoskeletal strain injuries, including neck pain, low back pain, strains to hamstrings and quadriceps, and whiplash injuries.
- Treatment for low back pain when initiated by a chiropractic physician (DC) costs up to 40 percent less than when started by a MD.
- With prescription drug abuse now classified as an epidemic in the United States and the number of spinal fusions soaring 500% over the last decade, chiropractic services offers a primary care, conservative approach to pain treatment that often enable a patients to reduce or avoid the need for riskier treatments.
- During the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, a chiropractic physician (DC) led the polyclinic – a multidisciplinary medical services team – which included nearly 30 other chiropractic physicians. Almost 40 additional DCs treated Team USA and other teams from around the world at the London games.
- Chiropractic care has an excellent safety record compared with more common treatments such as pain medications and surgery. As a result, chiropractic physicians pay malpractice premiums at significantly lower rates than medical doctors. (Source: NCMIC Chiropractic Solutions)